fellow travelers and communist propaganda, is the fact that I haven't
met a single American on this trip that's been traveling as well.
Sure, the girl I met at the airport yesterday was American, but she
lives in Honduras. Plus, being in an environment like this, the people
I meet (aside from
the Irish who are simply happy and super nice and Aussies who are
just out for a good time) are very curious to feel out my national
pride. My biggest concern in Nam was how the locals would react to an
american given the past (overall amazingly warm and welcoming) not the
way other foreigners would react to the present. Maybe I was naive
regarding this, but I was surprised neverthelesss.
Decided to head to Saigon tomorrow for the weekend before Cambodia
Sunday afternoon for most of the week. Hoi An's been great though.
No comments:
Post a Comment