Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Beep beep

Nam is a sea of motorcycles. Its just absolute chaos trying to walk
around Hanoi since they are coming at you from every direction and you
basically just have to pick your spots and trust they won't run you
over.

I'm glad I made the decision to move on from here tonight. While
there's plenty to do, I'm sure, its super hectic and crazy. Flights to
Hue were booked tonight so i'm flying into Da Nang and ending up in
Hoi An tonight. Figure I'll explore a day or two there and make my
next move. I'm totally going whichever way the wind blows me. After I
booked my flight I just put my big bag in a storage locker for the day
and got a taxi to town. While on the way in, the drivers phone rang
and he said it was for me... I answered and some mysterious voice on
the other end asked me where I wanted to go so I told him the train
station. We get to the city center though and pull over to have some
English speaking guy try to figure out my game plan so I bailed on the
taxi and just started exploring. I was not in a tourist area... But it
felt safe enough (as all of Asia has thus far). Wandering has brought
me to a lake and now a small food kitchen down an alley that I'm
writing from right now. I have another 2 hours here before I have to
head back out to the airport. Might go check out Ho Chi Minh's body or
something. Hopefully I make it to my destination (lodging still
unknown) tonight.

The adventure portion I the journey has officially begun...

No comments: