Below I finally have some pics from Nam. Including the insanity of Hanoi - a grim city with not a whole lot to offer if you ask me aside from a view of what communist Vietnam central is all about (notice the huge Lenin statue yet wimpy police man). I decided upon arrival to minimize my time there and get to more tranquil surroundings since I've been in crazy cities the whole time and was ready to chill. I found it in Hoi An. This place is mellow and grimy and fantastic so far. The $17 hotel room fits my needs (free wifi is a bonus after a $20/day charge for ethernet in HK) and I am finally meeting other travelers, as I expected. Not tomention, free breakfast. So it's perfect, although in a discussion on the beach in HK we were talking about some of the benefits D1 athletes gain from their experience and I came up with another one while cleaning up here - the ablility to take a cold shower and get clean. Came in handy here.
We also met the most incredible 15 year old Vietnamese girl who spoke about 5 languages and was just an absolute hustler at dinner. She was a total treat.
Looking forward to seeing this place in the light.
Also see these late pics from the HK light show:
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment