Monday, May 19, 2008

Tired

I expect this message will be received by most with little if any
sympathy, but I am pretty exhausted from this whole trip. I'm en route
to the Phnom Penh airport now to head up to Siem Reap to explore the
legendary temples there, but a month on the road living out of a
suitcase with half dirty clothes, 9 flights, 4 time zones, endless
decision making and miles and miles of walking takes its toll. Not
that there's really anyplace I'd rather be, but it will be nice to get
to Africa this weekend and have some time to just sit back and relax
(feels weird saying that), because aside from a few hours at the beach
in Hoi An, relaxation has been in short supply.

On a trip like this there seems to be a built in pressure to fit in as
much as possible and always be aware of what's around you (for your
own well being as much as experiencing the environment). I am very
excited about these temples in Angkor though, been looking forward to
this for a while.

No comments: