Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 1 Kyoto

>
> I just sat down to lunch at a random spot I stumbled into. It is a
> "Hawaiian" restaurant with a menu and staff that is 100% Japanese.
> The menu had 3 choices - one was explained to be a hamburger, the
> other 2 I had no clue so I went with number 2 (second cheapest on
> the list - like a novice picking a bottle of wine). It turns out to
> be what you see below. Its tasty, but could be anything at all...
>
> I'll likely be violently ill later.
>
> Jack Johnson is playing on the stereo which just seems a little
> ironic since I was watching him play at Coachella last Friday and my
> 2 encounters with him in the span of 7 days could not be much more
> different.
>
> The morning was a series of temples, shrines & monuments like you'd
> imagine in Japan, which were all very cool. Imperial palace after
> lunch then back to the hotel to regroup a little before donned
> someplace a little less exotic, maybe.

No comments: