Tuesday, May 13, 2008

On to Nam

Spent the night last night sitting on the harbor in Kowloon watching
the symphony of lights in HK, which is retarded. Every night at 8 they
choreograph all the neon lights that light every building in the city
and have them interact with the music that blasts over the harbor with
lasers shooting off the tops of the buildings. Just so unnecessary,
yet they do it every night. I was there looking like paparazzi or
something with 2 cameras going. I've given up any attempts to look
cool 99% of the time a while back and have accepted/embraced the fact
that I am a total tourist. Thus was partly necessitated by the fact I
ran out of clean clothes in Shanghai, but I regrouped in HK doing a
load of laundry in my bathtub with a bottle of Woolite I picked up at
the market.

Now I'm on the way to Nam. Since I've been basically a city guy this
whole trip I'm thinking I'm going to just do a stop over in Hanoi for
a few hours to get a taste of it, then head straight to Hue for the
night and get to more peaceful surroundings. Logistically though, I
have nothing lined up so I'll just get to Hanoi and sort it out I
guess. I expect I'll meet a few more travelers like myself in the next
portion if the journey, and would like to try to strategically put
myself in places that will be more conducive to this (vs the Ritz
experience in Tokyo)...

No comments: